Monday, March 02, 2009

Chance At Love

Sun comes up and i lie awake,
Cloudy morning in the sky above,
another day i shall have to take,
Standing in life for a chance at love..

Staring myself in the bathroom mirror,
wondering if today's my day,
Or perhaps just another working terror,
and another evening in the hay..

Groomed myself as best i could,
Even wore my best shirt today,
Put my stuff back the way it should,
Working again to earn my pay..

Scooped up my bag and walked out the door,
And wished myself luck to begin the day,
Perhaps even hope for a little bit more,
That someone perfect might come my way..

I'll spend my whole day in the office what's more,
and probably get lost in all that work,
Half at a hope, half at the chore,
Until the day grows old and it gets dark..

I suppose my day is not today,
As i came home now to a well deserved rest,
But disappointed i'm not,my hopes still stay,
Good things do come at patient's best..

A smile crept my lips as i lie in bed,
As i turned off the lights on the ceiling above,
Tomorrow may even surprise me yet,
While i'm standing in line for a chance at love..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home