Friday, October 24, 2008

The last Of The Elves

I stood still, on a windy autumn breeze,
To still my soul, to shut my eyes,
The rustle of leaves in the tall old trees,
The hint of winter up in the sky..

I walked now, among wise old friends,
That sung me stories of an age long past,
I listen close, for the music never ends,
Stilling the mourning of the lonely last..

I sat down now, on a great old oak,
My ancient friend i knew for life,
My child, my man, my old wretched self,
proudless memories cut like a knife..

I remember now, of impossible beauty,
Of the efforts i made to be just mortal,
Mistakes i made that seem far to petty,
The crashing end to which i fall..

The winds of autumn, i hearken to thee,
I envy thy freedom, to fly away free,
To be chained to the earth, an elemental forsaken,
To wait for the fates, my soul be taken..

I longed for the life i once had lived,
To see again true love and care,
To undo the faults for which i grieved,
Redemption now will be my fare..

Zephyr brushed my tears away,
The loving hand of earth itself,
I stood up now, bowed and fey,
Spending my penance in the years i have left..

Spirits have come and begun to play,
As the light of dusk come streaks and halves,
Treading the forests till i fade away,
The end of my kind, the last of the elves..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home