Friday, December 23, 2005



Requiem To A Star


I sat on a hill, on a cloudless night sky,

To feel such peace, none can deny,

Swept to the heavens my eyes roam,

To find a bright star, with the sky as home,


I saw it then, a sight to behold,
To feel a peace, as yet untold,

I watched it then, it's light brightening,

With a light, pale blue as lightning,


My brightening star! oh! Brightening star!

i have come to thee,
We'll sup tonight with fell Orion,
Your starlight shines on me,


I gaped and wondered at heaven's revelrie,
My thoughts removed from place and time,

The other stars will all agree,

Such beauty is this star of mine,


My brightening star! Oh! Brightening star!

in you i have such hope,
to rise high in the mundane sky,
When night time is invoked,


It is thou that helped those ships ashore,
Delivering them from such cruel fates,
It is thou that wishing kids adore,
Giving hope when the hour's late,


I am humbled among such great company,

Granting wishes to all who deserve,

I asked for just one favour,

I small trifle compared to many,

I asked for love, plain and simple,

To give love unending, and be loved in return,

I wished to the star, soft and humble,
That my life be happy at every turn,


I asked for the love filled in my dreams,
To see again impossible beauty,

With wishes so great, yet far it seems,

I hoped the heavens would respond in pity,


Days have passed and weeks wore on,
My life continues, goes on and on,

Some days i return, upon the hill,
Or see the star, upon my sill,


One day i met her, my dreams fulfilled,

We became such friends, we fell in love,

Upon such news, my soul is thrilled,

my prayers answered, by the heavens above,

My requiem finally reached it's end,

My songs, my rhymes is finally now spent,

But forget i did not, of my hill's errand,
My song to the star, Of my road unbent,


The brightening star, so wonderful is it,

It keeps on shining even after i'm gone,
It's light can never ever be dimmed,

It guides mortals from it's heavenly throne..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home