Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lost

I am tired, lonely and low,
I am weary, beyond the means i know,
Crowded streets, yet empty in my eyes,
even the clouds seem shaded in gray dyes..

I do not know why i felt this way,
Perhaps a debt i have yet to pay,
Perhaps even a soul in anguish,
worried that my heart may perish..

Fronting my eyes to a stormlit sky,
The way is dark, but i still tread by,
Hoping soon the rain would end,
To find sanctuary, with wounds to tend..

My thoughts kept coming to you,
A fixture in mind, faded and gray,
Flashes of the past kept passing through,
lacking the strength to keep them at bay..

My thoughts wander to a means for hope,
Anything i may find to help me cope,
A word, a talisman to ease the pain,
To climb back out from this pit i have lain..

Stumbling on through the night,
Staring forward to oblivion beyond,
Fighting just to stay upright,
Refusing to succumb to the final bond..

Perhaps there is light soon at the end,
Or perhaps salvation in the next bend,
Either way there is only forward,
With no clue to what i am heading toward..

Such is life, people would say,
To stumble blind in choices we made,
Night may soon turn to day,
And painful memories shall begin to fade..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home